Friday 23 April 2010

First Outing Class: Herb Hillz

I couldn't speak, read, write, and understand Korean language at all when I step my foot for the first time in the land of the morning calm, Korea. That is why I had to take a Korean language intensive course for one year before I started my Undergraduate course. I learned Korean language in Kyungpook National University Language Institute with my other foreign friends who come from the Philippines, Myanmar, Laos, China, Japan, Russia, Mongolia, Sri Lanka, and Albania. 

The building of KNU Language Institute
I took 4 levels of Korean language course. In every level, we have one outing class where we can learn and experience Korean cultures and places.

My first outing class was a trip to Herb Hillz in Daegu. Herb Hillz is an eco theme park located in Dalseong-gun, Daegu which was built on May 2005. It is divided into 4 zones which are Green Zone, Herb Zone, Amusement Zone, and Animal Zone. In the Green zone, we can see a green-tea garden, Korean arbor, topiary garden, stage, maple road, learn wood craft, experience the Korean folk, and go to the Korean farming museum. In the Herb zone, there are forest school, herb garden, herb exhibition and shop, pine forest, herb creek, and hillz terrace. In the amusement zone, we can ride some small ride attractions such as bumper car, bungbung car, merry go round, and pirate ship. Also there are kid's land, mini herb shop, herb craft school, pavilion of the reptiles, herb garden, ceramic craft school, and witch's village. Last, we can see some animals in the mini zoo of animal zone.

For this spring season, herb hillz is opened from 9.30 am until 7 pm on weekdays, and until 8 pm on weekend. The entrance fee is starting from 5,000 ~ 22,000 KRW for age 18 under and 7,000 ~ 22,000 KRW for age 19 above, depends on the package. You can take a bus to go there (express bus no.2, 449 bus, 452 bus, 704 bus) and get off in the Herb Hillz bus stop. In case you come by train from outside Daegu and stop in DongDaegu station, you can take a subway line 1 directing to Daegok and get off in Jungang-no subway station (10 minutes), then get out in the exit of Jungang Cinema direction and take express bus no.2 or 704 bus in front of Jungang Cinema (40 minutes).

I have been to Herb Hillz for three times until now. :D Each in different season that are spring, fall, and winter. Hope this summer I can go again there.

Back to the main story. I went to Herb Hillz for the first time on April 12, 2007 together with other students who were studying in the language institute. It was a really fun day! We took a lot of pictures because there are so many Korean style cute picture taking spots. Haha. Yeah they are really cute! Also, I learned how to make a ceramic and I can bring my handmade ceramic home ^^ (Though the shape is not perfect at all, lol). The most unique food I ate was a Herb Bibimbap and it was really really delicious!
Herb Hillz's official site: www.herbhillz.com

No comments: