Saturday 1 May 2010

Dormitory in University

Maybe some of you who want to study in Korea are wondering how Korean universities' dormitory looks like.
I have experience in living in dormitory for 1 year and half, in the different 4 building. It was so tiring me because almost every semester I had to transfer to other dormitory. Yes, that is the rule. Also eating in the dorm cafetaria is a must, I mean.. you have to pay the meal fee for 1 semester eventhough you don't eat there sometimes. I think I've wasted a lot of money there because sometime, they provided food that I couldn't eat that I had to eat in the restaurant near our campus. Again.. spending money for the second time. That was one of the reason why I decided to live in the studio room now.

Generally, Korean universities' dormitory is really convenient. It is furnished by beds, desks, bookshelves, dressers, shoe rack, air conditioner, and floor heater (ondol). Usually the room is occupied by 2 ~ 4 peoples. You also can enjoy free internet in your room and also you don't have to pay the electricity fee. Each dormitory where I've been has different facilities. But Generally they have PC room, laundry room, living room, gym, and refrigerator and water dispenser in each floor.

This is Hwamokgwan...





















And Hyangtogwan...

Also Myeonhakgwan...


Unfortunatelly, I couldn't take picture of Hyeopdonggwan, the last dormitory I stayed. I only stayed for around a month there.

3 comments:

Anda. ^O^ said...

Aw~~ so sweet ^^
You learned to SNU ?? o.O

Mutia said...

no, i am studying in kyungpook natl university

Anda. ^O^ said...

oh~ i understand.
so this dormitory are in KNU xDD.
Btw I'm Anda. Nice to meet you :D ^^