Sunday 25 April 2010

Fourth Outing Class: Gyeongju "the museum without walls"

Finally, we have arrived at my fourth outing class story, the last outing class in my Korean language class. It was happened when I was in the fourth level of my language course.

I and my friends went to Gyeongju city (경주시), 55 km from Daegu (you can see the korea map in my previous post) and just below Pohang city. It is a coastal city in the far southeastern corner of Gyeongsangbuk province in South Korea. It is the second  largest city  by area in the province after Andong city. There, we can see a vast number of archaeological sites and cultural properties from Silla kingdom period remain in the city because Gyeongju was the capital of the ancient kingdom of Silla. UNESCO has designated some historical sites in Gyeongju such as Seokguram grotto, Bulguksa temple, and Gyeongju Historic Areas.

In this outing class, I visited some historical sites in Gyeongju and Gyeongju World. Gyeongju World is an amusement park, not really big though, at least we had fun and it was free! :P We played Snow Sled there, it was my first time.


Gyeongju Government Site: http://www.gyeongju.go.kr/english/open_content/index.jsp
Gyeongju World Site: http://www.kjw.co.kr/

2 comments:

Ikhwan said...

seru banget sih anak2 NIIED... mupeng.. @.@

Mutia said...

hehe. ini sbnrnya bukan anak2 NIIED aja mas.. ini anak2 yg bljr bhs di KNU. yg bljr intensive.. yg selain NIIED lbh byk bgt