Sunday 8 May 2011

Daegu Modern History Museum (근대문화역사관)


Located in the central of Daegu, this museum was just opened for the first time on January 24, 2011. It is opened in a building built by Japan in 1932 which was a regional branch office of the Joseon colonization industrial Bank. Before the government renovated it into a museum, the building was used as a branch office of the Industrial Bank of Korea. It has two floors and one basement and provides a featured exhibition room, hands-on exhibition center, a library and classrooms for cultural activities and lectures.

If you want to visit this museum, you don't need to pay an admission fee and you can go there between 9 am until 6 pm everyday except Monday.

1 comment:

Sharifah Aishah said...

Hi! My name is Sharifah and I'm 22. I'll be going to Daegu for 2 weeks in June. I'm not exactly a Korean fan (like most Malaysian girls are :p), so I don't know much or what to look for in preparing to go there. Can u please give me some tips as to what should I prepare to go there (as in being a Muslim, how to get halal food, etc); and where should I shop or what is best to shop for there or anywhere else in Korea, for that matter. (I'm a shopaholic! hehe). I hope to hear from you soon. here's my email add: sharifahaishah88@yahoo.com

thank you :)